Active time: 15 min Start to finish: 25 min
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 (6-to 8-oz) sea trout, bluefish, or mackerel
- fillets, with skin
- Accompaniment: lemon wedge
- Preheat broiler
Finely chop basil, parsley, and garlic together in a blender. Add 3 tablespoons oil and puree, then blend in water, lemon juice, and pepper to taste. If desired, thin with more water. Arrange fillets, skin side down, in an oiled shallow (1-inch-deep) baking pan. Brush fish with remaining tablespoon oil and season with pepper.
Broil fish 5 to 6 inches from heat until just cooked through, about 7 minutes. Serve fish with sauce.