- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons drained capers chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 plus 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick) halibut steaks with skin
Garnish: lemon wedges
Whisk together lemon juice, zest, capers, garlic, and seasoning and pepper to taste. Add 1/4 cup oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until emulsified, and whisk in herbs.
Pat halibut dry and season. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a non-stick skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook halibut, turning once, until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through, about 7 minutes total.
Serve with grilled asparagus and tomato oregano.