- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (6-oz) salmon filets
- ¼ lb fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps cut into ¼ – inch-thick slices*
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ lb baby bok choy or regular bok choy, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ½ oz baby spinach, tough stems discarded
- ½ teaspoon dark Asian sesame oil (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Heat oil in large skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and cook salmon, flesh sides down, turning once, until golden and just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm, covered. Sauté shiitake over moderately high heat, stirring, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and bok choy and sauté, stirring, until bok choy is just tender, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Toss mixture with spinach, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, and season.
Top salmon with shiitake mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.