Serves 2 generously
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- ½ lb pork loin, thinly sliced across the grain and cut into julienne strips
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced and cut into julienne strips
- ½ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- ½ cup chicken broth
Stir together 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and pork.
Cut broccoli into small florets. Peel and cut tender sections of stems (top halves) into thin slices.
Heat a wok or nonstick skillet over high heat until a bead of water dropped on a cooking surface evaporates immediately. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling wok to coat evenly, and heat until hot but not smoking. Add pork mixture and stir-fry until cooked through, 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and wipe wok clean.
Heat wok and add remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same manner. Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup chicken broth and cook, covered, 1 minute, or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
Stir together remaining tablespoon soy sauce, remaining ¼ cup broth, then add to pan with pork and stir-fry for 1 minute.